To take advantage of the fast evolving drone or Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) technology and apply them to solve your industry challenges requires a solid understanding of the technology, theory, laws and regulations, as well as piloting skills are necessary. This course will prepare you to write the exam for the Transport Canada’s
Pilot Certificate – Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft (VLOS) – Advanced Operations
In addition, it will cover all the important aspects of what is needed to operate a RPAS lawfully and provide you with all the necessary tools to make you a knowledgeable safe and confident pilot.
This training course designed for today’s commercial and industrial operators and our standards exceed Transport Canada defined Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems 250 g up to and including 25 kg, Operating within Visual Line-of-Sight (TP 15263) which will prepare you for the Transport Canada exam.
We will introduce you to real flight scenarios from industrial applications, such as filmmaking, search and rescue as well as inspections. Critical pilot skills covered include: flight planning, standard operating procedures, risk and crisis management, equipment maintenance and repairs.
You will write the exam in class at the end of the session.
You will receive training on the subject required to pass the Advanced Operations Exam
- Training on the current and new regulations
- Transport Canada’s Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
- How to prepare for the Flight Review
- Air Law, Air Traffic Rules and Procedures
- RPAS Airframes, Power Plants, Propulsion and Systems
- Human Factors
- Flight Operations
- Theory of Flight
- Applying for SFOC (for pre-June 1, 2019 operation)
- Writing the Advanced Exam for Small RPAS (for post-June 1, 2019 operation)
- Preparing for the Flight Review
- Transport Canada online exam
- (Optional) Restricted Radio Operator Certificate with Aeronautical Qualification (ROC-A)
Buttonville Airport (CYKZ) Toronto Airways – 2833 16th Ave, Markham, ON L3R 0P8
Oshawa Airport (CYOO) Toronto Airways Canadian Flight Academy – 1250 Airport Blvd, Oshawa, ON L1J 8P5
St. John’s, NL: 1624 Topsail Road Paradise, NL A1L 1T9 (contact us for more details on this location email@example.com)
And other locations across ONTARIO, QUEBEC, ATLANTIC CANADA (NL, NS, NB, PEI)
CONTACT US AT TRAINING@ALTOHELIX.COM TO SCHEDULE A CUSTOM OR ONSITE SESSION
Register for Flight Training and Review as well (http://altohelix.com/product/uav-flight-training/), conducted day following the Advanced Operations Exam Training Course.